Sunday, January 6, 2008

Springfield M1A SOCOM 16 Update

The first trip to the range with the M1A was a blast! As expected there's some kick from a .308 but the gun seems to be well controlled on follow up shots. It's loud to! Lots of people strolling by to check out the noise. You know how they (you) do it. Lean around trying to get glimpse, and finally just walking by. We all do it when we hear a round going off that we don't have.

As much as I like the shooting location I go to, it's not enough for the M1A. In the Minnesota there are some outdoor ranges, but the weather makes any such events short, if at all. Spring will tell but so far I like it a lot.

I did not, of course, bring enough ammunition about 100 rounds. More shooting to come soon for it.

I bought a red dot sight from Midway USA on sale for indoors. I'll try a proper scope when I can get it out for long range shooting.

Cleaning was not any harder the the Mini-14. A Hopps bore-snake and CLP on a toothbrush.

Good Day.

No comments: